Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is meant for those who have already studied or are studying Japanese Language and wish to get their knowledge of Japanese tested and certified by the designated Japanese agency namely The Japan Foundation.
The Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) held twice a year in July & December at New Delhi Center.
The JLPT has five levels: N1, N2, N3, N4 & N5.
The easiest level is N5 and the most difficult level is N1.
N4 and N5 measure the level of understanding of basic Japanese mainly learned in class. N1and N2 measure the level of understanding of Japanese used in a broad range of scenes in actual everyday life. N3 is a bridging level between N1/N2 and N4/N5. Linguistic competence required for the JLPT is expressed in terms of language activities, such as Reading and Listening, as shown in the table below. While not noted in the table, Language Knowledge, such as Vocabulary and Grammar, is also required for successful execution of these activities.
more details and sample of Questions click here
Import Notes: –
- MOSAI shall apply to concerned government authorities to get permission to conduct exam. If government authority denies permission, MOSAI will cancel the exam.
- If government authority gives permission to conduct exam, applicants/examine are bound to follow all rules, Social distancing, mask & primary health checkup etc. at Test site.
- Any violation by applicants/examine of rules for handling CORONA situation will be treated as violation of exam rules & such applicants/ examine shall be disqualified.
- Japan Foundation or/and MOSAI may cancel exam at the last moment if CORONA situation forces to do so.
- In case JLPT Exam gets cancelled because of natural disaster or pandemic situation, exam fee shall be refunded.
Online Application Procedure for New Delhi Center
Simple steps to be followed to apply online.
STEP 1 : Preparation before opening the on-line application link
(a) Keep Scanned Image of your Passport size photograph ready for uploading. Scanned image should meet the following specifications:
- Image background should be clear
- It should be in jpg or jpeg format
- It should be between 10 KB to 50 KB only
- Photo Dimension should be 3.5 cm (width)x4.5 cm (height) only
- Uploading ” Selfie” not permitted
- Examples of photographs which will be acceptable Photo Sample JLPT
(b) Decide on mode of on-line payment of fee (Credit/debit card or net banking). Be ready with password etc. required for the selected mode.
STEP 2 :First signup & confirm your e-mail by clicking on the link (received in inbox/spam)
STEP 3 : Now open the form, fill it up and pay the fees.
After payment, filled in application form will be shown with a Transaction number. Application without Transaction number will not be considered.
STEP 4 : Take a Print out of filled in form. Keep it for your record. You may need it for future reference. You will also receive email at the email address mentioned in the form & also SMS confirming receipt of the application.
Online submission start from : 20th August……… (if seats are available, due to cancellation of last examinations we carry forward the applications for December 2021)
Last date of submission: If seats are available, application will be provide on the first cum first serve basis till completion of seats.
No corrections/changes will be allowed after final submission
For any query related to online application please mail to : email@example.com