Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is meant for those who have already studied or are studying Japanese Language and wish to get their knowledge of Japanese tested and certified by the designated Japanese agency namely The Japan Foundation.
The Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) held twice a year in July & December at New Delhi Center.
The JLPT has five levels: N1, N2, N3, N4 & N5.
The easiest level is N5 and the most difficult level is N1.
- N4 and N5 measure the level of understanding of basic Japanese mainly learned in class.
- N3 is a bridging level between N1/N2 and N4/N5. Linguistic competence required for the JLPT is expressed in terms of language activities, such as Reading and Listening, as shown in the table below. While not noted in the table, Language Knowledge, such as Vocabulary and Grammar, is also required for successful execution of these activities.
- N1 and N2 measure the level of understanding of Japanese used in a broad range of scenes in actual everyday life.
more details and sample of Questions : click here
Test Guide : click here
Online Application Procedure for New Delhi Centre
Simple steps to be followed to apply online.
STEP 1 : Preparation before opening the on-line application link
(a) Keep Scanned Image of your Passport size photograph & valid ID proof (Aadhaar, Voter ID, Passport, Pan card) ready for uploading. Scanned image should meet the following specifications:
- Photograph image background should be clear
- It should be in jpg or jpeg format
- It should be between 10 KB to 50 KB only
- Photo Dimension should be 3.5 cm (width)x4.5 cm (height) only
- Uploading ” Selfie” not permitted
- Examples of photographs which will be acceptable Photo Sample JLPT
(b) Examination Fee: Rs. 1800 (including applicable taxes)
Decide on mode of on-line payment of fee (Credit/debit card or net banking). Be ready with password etc. required for the selected mode.
STEP 2 : First signup & confirm your e-mail by clicking on the link (received in inbox/spam)
STEP 3 : Now open the form, fill it up and pay the fees.
After payment, filled in application form will be shown with a Transaction number. Application without Transaction number will not be considered.
STEP 4 : Take a Print out of filled in form. Keep it for your record. You may need it for future reference. You will also receive email at the email address mentioned in the form or SMS confirming receipt of the application.
Following seats are available in New Delhi Centre on Registration will be on “first come first serve basis” till completion of seats on or before 25 March 2020.
Application Period :
Online submission start on : 5th March 2020 (1:00 pm onward)
Last date of submission: Registration will be on “first come first serve basis” till completion of seats on or before 25th March 2020. However no application will be received once seats are filled.
Online Registration is closed for July-2020
No corrections/changes will be allowed after final submission
For any query related to online application please mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org